Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Almost Go Time!

Tonight, I am packing for my trip to Rome and Moldova.  Royale, Patricia, and I leave tomorrow for 3 days in Rome before heading to Chisinau for our Study Abroad trip.  I am so excited to go back to Europe and to see Italy and Moldova.  The last time I was over there, the further east I went, the more I loved it! 

Our time in Moldova should be very interesting, as Dr. McLauchlan has so much planned for us and a ton of people for us to meet.  I am especially excited to meet our Moldovan counterparts at ULIM, and I'm sure they will have a lot of questions for us as well.

I do not know a lot about Moldova, but I have been doing some research of my own, especially since I have to narrow down my research topic, which is Moldova's path to European Union membership,, next steps, and problems standing in the way.  I am really hoping my new friends at ULIM can help out with getting a better insight into some of these situations. The Transnistrian region poses a unique problem with several possible solutions, and the current conflict there is a definite road block to membership.

More on that to come, for now, I need to finish packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment